Here you’ll find the most commonly asked questions in regard to the HyperDBS Coaching Program. If you aren’t yet involved, or wish to find out more, you can do so here.
- Where do I download the HyperDBS/ TeamBuildr App?
The TeamBuildr App (which is what HyperDBS is run through) can be downloaded from the App Store for iPhone or Android. If you are using a Windows phone, navigate to teambuildr.com & pin the website to your home screen.
- How do I enter my 1RM (one rep max)?
The very first workout of the program will be your one rep max testing. If you’ve already begun your first week of training, then you’ve missed it! There will be details on how to go about testing your one rep maxes sent to you & you can enter your results in the boxes for that workout. Note – you must test for the programming to be effective.
- How do I watch any of the exercise instruction videos?
Once you’ve selected an exercise in TeamBuildr, simply click on the button that looks like a video camera. You can also find each exercise video on the HyperDBS YouTube Channel (LIVE LINK: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr1VTF90JcdOUe7rtPlqlFw)
- Where can I see the mobility exercises?
Mobility exercises will be listed as the first ‘exercise’ of all relevant workouts. Simply click to see all the details. You can also find each mobility workout on the HyperDBS YouTube Channel (LIVE LINK: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr1VTF90JcdOUe7rtPlqlFw)
- What is an accessory exercise?
When you see the word accessory, you’ll have the opportunity to choose the exercise you wish to perform from a drop down menu. There will only be a select few each time, but choose wisely, as once you’ve made your selection you won’t be able to choose another until the next time you see it.
- How do I choose a different accessory exercise?
Once you’ve made your selection, you won’t be able to change it, so choose carefully.
- Why aren’t my exercises saving?
Make sure you have a strong internet connection & have filled in every box of every workout for it to be saved. If that fails, try quitting the application & opening it back up again.
- Why can’t I see my workouts?
Workouts for each week will appear 10am AEDT Monday, to make sure they remain up to date for each week moving forward.
- Why have my weights gone down this week?
De-load weeks have been programmed in systematically to ensure you’re able to recover and perform at your peak for the duration of the program. Use these weeks to properly recover, focus on things outside of the gym and refine your technique, they’re part of the strength and muscle building process.
- Where do I access my program?
After navigating away from the receipt page of the HyperDBS Sales Page, you’ll be sent individual receipts & relative information for all of the products you purchased. These emails will have everything you need to access what you paid for. Specifically, look out for the email from TeamBuildr app with your temporary login details to create your account & access your HyperDBS training program.
- What do the letters ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ etc mean in my program?
Exercises that are grouped together by the same letter & colour are to be performed back to back with no rest in between (supersets/ triple sets). You may rest once you’ve made your way through each of the exercises in the sequence.
Glossary of Terms in the App:
- AMAP – As many (reps) as possible. During these sets, you should aim to perform as many reps as you possibly can before reaching technical failure. Don’t risk injuring yourself.
- CUST – Custom rep scheme, meaning that each set may be different to the next.
- Eccentric – the portion of the lift that moves with gravity e.g. the ‘downwards’ phase of a chin-up or the ‘upwards’ phase of a lat pulldown.
- Pause Rep – these repetitions are to be performed with a 2-count pause before the concentric portion of the lift.
- DB – refers to the use of dumbbells.
- BB – refers to the use of barbells.
- Drop Set – exercise to be performed for designated amount of reps, before lowering the weight & performing for designated amount of reps. No rest between two ‘sets’.
- SL/ SA – exercise to be performed with a single leg/ single arm.
- I’m injured, what should i do?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org & if necessary, see a healthcare professional.
- How do I know if I’m lifting correctly?
There is an in-depth guide on how to squat, bench press and deadlift included in your HyperDBS Training & Nutrition Manual. HyperDBS PRO members will also have the opportunity to have their form analysed in the Facebook group.
- Can I get any help with my lifts?
There will be designated times & posts within the HyperDBS Facebook Community to post form-related videos & receive feedback on them for HyperDBS PRO members.
- What happens if I miss a workout/week of training?
If you miss a week of training, simply skip that week and move onto the next. Do your best to continue to hit the designated target weights, or simply enter the weights you were able to hit, as we’ll take that into account in calculating future target weights for you.
- What happens if I’m unable to train on the days the workouts are set in the app?
Each program has set training days, but there’s no harm in changing these around – simply perform the workouts in order on the days that suit you.
- What does ‘eccentric’ mean?
‘Eccentric’ simply refers to the downward portion of the lift or commonly coined ‘negative’. Technically, eccentric means ‘with gravity’. The eccentric time may vary between exercises & weeks, so make sure you view the exercise notes by tapping the information icon on your exercise or viewing the video demonstration.
- I don’t have access to the specific weight for my prescribed exercise, what should I do?
In the event your target weights are numbers between the typical 2.5 increments most often found in the gym, it is always safest to round-down and use the closest weight available. Make your progress as sustainable as possible.
- I want to do a body building competition, is HyperDBS the right program to help me?
HyperDBS has been created with the combination of years of experience, knowledge, and the scientific principles of progressive overload. The program follows a periodised hypertrophy and strength training regime specific to you, in-line with your strength levels and fully customisable to your goals. If maintaining your lean muscle mass whilst reducing your body fat percentage is your goal, the fundamental amount of volume along with the programs comprehensive exercise database and its extensive progressions will definitely be a key tool in your arsenal. This program in conjunction with a controlled calorie deficit & adequate time to diet will provide a fantastic opportunity to get stage-lean.
- How do i change my card details?
You can change your credit card details & payment information in your settings section of the TeamBuildr app.
- How do i cancel my subscription to HyperDBS?
You can cancel your subscription to HyperDBS at any time in the settings section of the TeamBuildr app.
- Why did i get charged again for HyperDBS?
HyperDBS is a subscription based service, you will be charged each month automatically from the first date of purchase. There are no refunds available.
- How do i change between programs if I wish to do a different amount of days per week?
Email email@example.com & we can change your calendar for you in advance of the next month.
- I’m struggling to lose weight after calculating my macros with the macro calculator, what should I do?
If you aren’t losing weight despite trying to, you’re eating too many calories. Reduce the amount you’re eating or increase the amount of calories you’re burning by adding in some cardio or incorporate a combination of both.
- I’m struggling to gain weight after calculating my macros with the macro calculator, what should I do?
If you aren’t gaining weight despite trying to, you’re eating too few calories. Increase the amount you’re eating or reduce the amount of calories you’re burning by removing or reducing any cardio you might be doing or incorporate a combination of both.
- I’ve been trying to build muscle and now I want to change and lose fat, how should I change my macros?
Either recalculate your target macros using the macro calculator or simply reduce your intake from where it is currently until you begin losing weight at the desired rate.
- I’ve been trying to lose fat and now I want to change and build muscle, how should I change my macros?
Either recalculate your target macros using the macro calculator or simply increase your intake from where it is currently until you begin gaining weight at the desired rate.